Stone is one of the easiest and most low-maintenance ways to remodel or refresh an outdoor landscape, and there are countless varieties and ways to use it.
- Adding a small pond with pebbles or a large rock can bring a little something new to a yard that’s become sparse.
- Build a waterfall feature or use smaller stone with a few plants for a splash of color.
- Instead of using mulch, consider using use decorative stone.
- Boulders can be used to build practical retaining walls or even a flashy fire pit.
- If you wanna go big at home, laying stone steppers, a garden bed edge wall to increase depth and create a more natural path in any space.
- Stone patios have a tremendous aesthetic appeal that’s way more homey than concrete.
When it comes to selecting what type and size of stone to use, it’s best to take into account what the stone is going to be used for and where it’s going in the space. Some types of stone may deteriorate or erode in certain climates or in certain positions. Always make sure to research or talk to your landscaper about what stone is right for you and your project.
Stone of all kinds adds texture and a hassle-free, natural beauty to any landscape. It conveys strength, permanency, and stability. Having a barbecue on a stone patio or gathering around a fire pit turns the outside of your home into a place where memories are made and relationships are strengthened. From pebbles to boulders, there’s nothing that stone can’t do.
Lurvey is one of North America’s largest natural stone suppliers and offers hundreds of varieties of hand-picked stone from over fifty quarries locally, nationally, and internationally. We go above and beyond to provide for our customers, and stone is no exception. Lurvey provides one of the largest selections of stone of every shape and size, so no project is too big. Come visit us or talk to your landscaper about Lurvey today!